Thu, May 23|
Autism & Sensory Differences
A training workshop for parents/carers and professionals. This workshop will cover how autistic people experience the sensory world, tips on creating a sensory profile and provide a toolkit of strategies to use including a creating your own sensory resources!
Time & Location
May 23, 2024, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hayes, Hillingdon Autistic Care & Support, Dudley Pl, Hayes UB3 1PB, UK
About This Event
Many autistic people experience sensory differences. Understanding sensory differences is essential to effectively support autistic people.
This workshop will cover:
- Our senses and how they work
- Insight into the sensory differences experienced by autistic individuals (hyper and hypo sensitivities)
- Sensory differences VS behaviour
- Investigating sensory needs and creating a sensory profile
- Toolkit of strategies to support sensory needs
- Opportunity to make your own sensory resources!
- Ticket type
Ticket for the Workshop (If you are a HACS member, please apply your membership discount code for 50% discount)Price£20.00